Tuesday 10 June 2014

Review: Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm vs Clarins Lip Balm


I've been wanting to do a post on both of these lately so after that i decided to compare them both and give a answer, which i love doing because some people feel that more expensive products will be better. Recently i've heard so much news from the Revlon stick lipsticks, first i bought the Clarins version which is amazing, my take on both of both is fairly equal but i have the ups and downs about both of them. So here we go!

The main factor to this is the packaging, to me i find the Clarins so much more versatile as i like products which look and say "i'm worth it" the Revlon doesn't do this for me. This is probably because its chunky and looks like a Crayola wax crayon. Also the screw to make more stick come out is so much nice on the Clarins because it so smooth, with Revlon it felt like i'd broke the product really, which doesn't make me want to buy any more of it. This has defiantly put Clarins on top as the product was £10 more expensive and boy it does show. 

I felt like the moisture was better with Clarins as i didn't need to put my lip balm on before applying it which some times when my lips were dry i have to smooth them up before i applied the Revlon, as much as this is not a problem to me the Revlon is personally better so staying on and the colour. I have this colour in a Mac lipstick but i feel it can be too dark at times, with these you could build it and it stayed on if you drank or ate, the only time i came off is when you drank an excessive amounts. As you can see the Clarins is so much more lighter so this just gives me a nice glow to my lips which i love when I'm not looking my best and it gives me lift up. 

They are both great products but it you are wanting a moisture boost with a lovely colour and nice packaging Clarins it is, but if you want a colour which is going to last all day and all night you're better going for the Revlon. 

I hope you are all having a good week, I am having an amazing week as i'v just found out i've got my insurance for my car i get on Saturday plus I'm exited for my 18th Birthday celebrations for the family. 

Frances

4 comments:

  1. Really great post!! Will deffo check out the Clarins one! :)

    Peacock Fashion xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both so good but Clarins is so lovely on your lips! :)
      Fran xx

      Delete
  2. Great review! I should really take the plunge and get the Clarins one to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So worth the money and its last so long!!

      Delete

I would like to thank everyone who take the time to read and comment on my blog posts, it truly means alot! Thank you